Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Today I Am Celebrating Everything Ellen Israel and Wishing Her The Best In Her New Job

In the spring of 2015, right before the first Writing Our Lives-Bridgeport conference, Ellen Israel stepped in to be my program manager and to help me carry forth the vision I had for CWP-Fairfield to bring our program to the next phase of its life. Ellen arrived at exactly the right time and has been a stupendous right hand woman in all that she's helped me to achieve. She's often kidded with the people we've met that her primary role is to "manage Bryan."

I am writing today's post in two moods: (1) greatly excited that her one-of-a-kind skill set will be utilized by Westport Public Schools and (2) extremely sad that I'm losing her. She truly has been the artistic brains and managerial genius behind the Young Adult Literacy Lab transition, the reorganization of summer work, our publication of POW, and the state-wide advertisement campaign. She has also left her mark on our website, established data collection for all our work, and been a tremendous face and smile for our branch of the National Writing Project movement.

I have been truly blessed having this two-year opportunity to work with Ellen. She has kept me  focused and from losing my mind....God Only Knows What I'd Be Without her.

Ellen's college essay lab was the most well-received last year and her knowledge of southern Connecticut and how it works is one of a kind. She is leaving us with inspiration, hope, joy, and an eye for what is possible.

Ellen Israel is professional, witty, organized, astute, sharp, brilliant and creative in everything she sets out to do. Today, though, is her last day with CWP-Fairfield and I am sincerely bummed she is leaving, but totally overjoyed her adventure is taking her to a journey where she really belongs.

WE WISH YOU THE BEST, ELLEN. THIS IS THE TRUTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment