Sunday, June 21, 2015

So, Henry, Let Me Introduce You To Pam's Pool and, Perhaps, the Introduction of Hank

I promised Pam for months that I'd help her dissemble her pool as she prepares to put her house on the market and sets forth to move away from Monroe. The winter was harsh on her pool and there was no way to save it. With the twins in tow, I guessed it would be a good day to help.

I was given the rubber boots and Pam's pink dish gloves, so I was also handed the bulk of the heavy lifting, including pulling out the liner, all metal scraps, and most of the rusty bolts. We would have done it in two hours, but also had to contend with two wasps nests, both that weren't pleased that I was in their territory working. Abu was the only one stung.

Me? Patrick? We both sliced our hands on sheet metal...minor injuries, compared to how ridiculous I looked in the pink gloves and the instagrams Pam sent to her followers.

After battling the wasps (and bees and spiders and mucky water, we successfully tore apart the inside frame of the pool).

That's when I noticed that there's a balding spot on the top of my head. Uh Oh. I know I'm middle aged and graying, but I sure do hope I'm not losing my hair.

Ramadan ended at 8:48 pm last night and we broke the fast (note: I modify it because I have to have coffee before I can talk with anyone and that happens to be during sunlit hours, so I'm not as faithful as the twins) with a robust forum of leftovers. Chitunga needed to be picked up at midnight, so we passed the evening with television and a batch of brownies.

I'm not sure if I am sore because of the pool workout or if I reawakened Henry. If I have, the new guy will hereby be called Hank. I'm not in love with thinking I've inspired more damage to my groin area so I am kicking off this Sunday morning with optimism and a sense of accomplishment that we did, indeed, help Pam with a monumental task.

Happy Father's Day, Dad. There's nothing like doing a series of Manly Man tasks like yesterday to make me feel like my father (and my limited, but useful set of tools) taught me right. I love you, Butch!

PS: Lossine loved riding Pam's bike through the streets of Monroe. The little basket, sky blue frame, and thick wheels matched his personality perfectly. It's too bad she didn't also have streamers and a horn, too. He could have honked his way through the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment