Wednesday, June 17, 2015

And Then, At 43, He Sets Out to Feed Three, With Two of Them Fasting During Day Hours $$$$

Tunga and I have it down to a science. I know what to cook, when it will be eaten, and what the general moods for a month will be.

Bring on Abu and Lossine during Ramadan and everything goes upside down and backwards. Ramadan begins on Thursday, but last night Chitunga and I stocked up with meat to cook for post 9 p.m. breaks from fasting and 5 a.m. restocking of protein before the day begins. We shall see how long I last catering to this lifestyle because it's already like grazing cattle in the house (I am thinking it is payback for all the years of just feeding me). I made six chicken breasts for dinner and they were all eaten before I could get a taste. Chomp Chomp Chomp. Dinosaurs.

On a good note, we purchased a rice cooker and I'm thinking pennies will be saved by stocking up on rice to fill the stomachs and slowing down on the meat diet - I'm not Speras.

And on another note - the new dryer was delivered. It doesn't heat up, either. So, I had a technician sent and he said it isn't a problem with the machine, but with the electrical current. Now, I had the original guy in twice who never said anything about this. He said the dryer was dead. I realize, however, I just had a perfectly good dryer removed because of the bad advice and incompetence of one electrician/dryer guy. Now, I have a 4th electrician coming in the morning to help me out. This is the ballet of homeownership, Home Depot, and my inability to do anything electrical.

I'm just pissed I was given the wrong advice from a supposed expert. I will be writing one of my letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment