Tuesday, June 23, 2015

And Mr. Frugal, Not Until It's 50% Off, Scores Big Time. A Crandall Chair on Clearance. Woot Woot.

Two days ago we rearranged furniture. As we did, we realized that we needed one more seat so that everyone could sit comfortably and watch the television (well, I don't watch, I write and read, but I do like to be with everyone else).

After leaving the University, I asked the twins if we could stop at Trader Joe's to pick up peppers to grill with the shrimp and more BBQ nuts to nibble on. I said, "Hey, let me stop at this Pier One store to see if they have more of the glass cups that somehow disappeared over the last month."

They had the glasses at Pier One, but then I saw a chair that would fit perfectly in the corner where we would need another seat. I was more impressed when I saw it was 50% off and then when I saw that the brand was Crandall Seating, I realized, "Well, this is meant to be."

The chair began at $499 dollars. I got it for $75, much more than 50% off. The next obstacle, however, was getting it into Kermit. We took off the chair legs and she fit perfectly...totally meant to be. Of course, Abu had to sit awkwardly the whole way home, but it in his words, "Ah, Man. No problem. We couldn't pass up a Crandall chair. It was destiny."

And now we all have a place to sit. There will even be room for Cynde, Mike, and Mom when they arrive later this weekend.

S C O R E D.

No comments:

Post a Comment