Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Because I Wanted This Recorded In The Vast History Of Everything and Lost in Cyberspace Like Most of My Thinking

Yesterday, while prepping for summer work with CWP, the twins had to glue together an Ubuntu poster. As Lossine grabbed the glue stick he started laughing and shared a story I haven't heard before. When they first arrived to the United States, Abu saw the American kids using chapstick for their dry lips. When winter came and his lips chapped, he picked up a glue stick (they look the same) and for a short while used it to wet them. He complained that his lips were sticky and when he closed them he couldn't get them apart.

True story. You can't make that up and it is precious. Of course, they are in Crandall's world, and I can't help but record such a story where I will one day be able to find it. It's as good as Casey's high school white out story (but what if we make a mistake?).

Meanwhile, it is only fair to bust on the other half. Last summer when Lossine was in Connecticut, I caught him putting a towel over my cushion. When I asked why, Abu responded, "My brother sometimes drools when he sleeps. It's been a while, but he does that just in case. He doesn't want to ruin your couch."

Well, he's here again this year and took advantage of the Crandall Seating I got for $75. Whoops. He forgot to put a towel underneath him as he slept off the afternoon from fasting.

We haven't chosen a name for the goldfish, yet, but it's confirmed...Abu lip gloss will be on sale at a store near you soon.

Happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment