Monday, June 29, 2015

Need to Capture This Before It is Lost in Crandall History. It Still Cracks Me Up. Subway Poster That Caught My Mother's Attention

To the right is the poster that hung above my mother and me on our ride back from NYC on Saturday night. She stared at it for a long time, then focused elsewhere, then stated at it again, then focused elsewhere. She then asked, "Is that a knee brace or an elbow pad? It's confusing me. If it's an elbow pad, then what's wrong wit her arm?"

Um.

Um.

But then I began to see it the way she saw it. I do see the elbow pad. I do see the knee pad.

And it made me laugh. Actually, I think we all needed to laugh as we took the 90 minute train home. It was a long, long day of much walking, much waiting, and all the stress that comes with being in a strange place, totally out of one's element and safety. That, and we didn't know what to expect of the evening and performance.

I'm glad to report on Monday morning, too, that they made it back to Syracuse safely. When the twins went to get their hair cut, I returned to a quiet home that sort of freak me out. It was empty and there was no noise. I sort of like the noise.

Alas, it's time to transition to the summer work. It begins this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment