Sunday, June 7, 2015

The Evening You Return To Connecticut and Immediately Go For a Thick Mushroom Cheeseburger at the Tavern

I'm not meant to eat swamp food. I do like the cajun spices and can gravitate towards one feisty dish over the the next feisty dish. Bring on the pepper and the kick.

Do not, however, season the food because you're eating swamp and creek critters (e.g., alligators, craw daddies, frogs, and salamanders). I don't care how much spice you put on the meat, you're still eating freshwater roaches and such. Crawfish are the chicken wings of brackish waters ---way too much effort for what little meat there is (although it's delicious).

Perhaps that is why I asked Pam to take me immediately to the THE TAVERN so I could get a mushroom cheeseburger. I needed a thick burger on a roll and some fries. I'm all up for the cajun spices of Louisiana and all, but they can keep their swamp critters, including catfish, and leave them in the bayou. They're alright, but the spices are better.

Now, put that cajun stuff on a burger and I will be singing praises.

And with that, it's Sunday. I need a day of chilling out, so here I go in 3...2...1...

No comments:

Post a Comment