Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Thinking Ahead To Summer - Opportunities for Teaches and Students To Say What They Need To Say

Wednesday's post is a celebration of the summer month's ahead, and I'm looking forward to another great year of working with Connecticut teachers and youth with the 2015 Invitational Summer Institute (funded by the Supporting Effective Educator Development Teacher Leadership grant) and the Young Adult Literacy Labs.

I'm dedicating today's post to the celebration of our summer working because, as students say, "It's what schools wish they could be, but can't," and what teachers say is "the best professional development they've ever attended."

CWP is part of the National Writing Project and the work I believe in with 100% of my being.

Of course, my being is going through some tests right now, and so I wanted to get this shout out this morning to encourage everyone to spread the word to their teaching friends and students near Fairfield University. I've created links here to make it easy to spread to friends, relatives, colleagues, and lovers of writing.

I'm also writing to wish my mom, sister, and nephew safe travels as they come to be with me in Connecticut to stand by my side as moral, physical, and mental support as I take care of Henry the hernia that has wreaked havoc on my life these last few weeks.

Here's to CWP and here's to a quick recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment