Monday, April 6, 2015

And There Is Nothing Like A Mommy When One Is Recovering and In Need of TLC #WalkMyWorld

They made it back to Syracuse before they realized they had my medical supplies from the doctor in the backseat of the Rav4. They were halfway home when they recognized they had my downstairs blanket packed in their things.

Still, they left my home with ham, green bean casserole, squash, chocolate, bread and supplies for the week. My mother hates taking selfies, but she endured this one while watching the Kentucky/Wisconsin game last night - a mother's love for her only son.

Sunday was slow moving for me, however, as I barely moved from sofa to bathroom to sofa to bathroom to give myself more muscle memory in my recovery.

I wish I could say that my brain was back to normal, but that is far from the truth. I really am exhausted, but haven't mastered the ability to sleep during day light. Rather, I laid down under another blanket and stared off into space imagining a world where I truly could fall asleep during hours meant to be spent running, walking, gardening, cleaning, and preparing for the week.

It is always sad to have a house return to its silence, although my mother always says she looks forward to my departure and when I pack up my belongings to return home.

And so Crandall is learning what it means to be in recovery mode...a journey that is a little longer than he originally anticipated. I'm taking one moment and one second at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment