Saturday, April 11, 2015

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends. Welcoming The Weekend With Celebration To Leo.

The doctor said in my post-op, one-week meeting that I was still not to walk, lift, or run. She didn't say anything about baking a cake for Leo's birthday and for having friends over for pizza on a Friday night for a few Newcastles and shots of tequila (I didn't do a shot of tequila...promise).

Still, I did have friends over who have been wonderful to me. Since arriving to Connecticut, they've taken me under their wings, treated me with kindness and respect, and been there for laughter, support, games, adventures, and togetherness. It was great to pay Leo pack for all the help he gave us moving into the new house, and to allow him an opportunity to indulge in cheesy pizza and scrumbbdiddlyumptious cake (which he proudly took home with him saying, "But, Bev...I will share it with Kai and Nick" (only time will tell if that comes true).

And now I'm ready to settle into the weekend. The story is that the weather is supposed to be wonderful, but my primary goal is to reenact last weekend where I sit with ice in my lap and I take it easy. I truly want to heal as soon as possible and with a month to go until I get the next follow up visit, I want to enter Dr. Roselle Crombie's office with pep in my step and pride in my stride requesting, "Now is it okay to start running again?"

Either way, last night was a good time to be with friends in the new house...a ritual I hope will continue as we break in the neighborhood and learn to enjoy the back porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment