Saturday, October 31, 2015

A Halloween Ghost Story: Well, Rabies Story, For Anyone Who Hike In Wooded Areas Where Furry Critters Reside.

Yesterday, while walking the dog, I listened to their special program of spooky stories, And The Call Was Coming From the Basement, when I heard this radio tale, The Hills Have Eyes (click on the link to here it in its entirety). This is the second time I've heard this narration and both times it both entertained and horrified me.

The one stuffed animal I had as a kid was Roscoe, a raccoon puppet pet that my Grannie Annie got for me. He sat next to Cubby, a lion cub stuffed animal that she also purchased for her only grandson. In elementary school, whenever I could do biology reports on animals, I always chose lion cubs and raccoons.

Casey, my little sister, knows how much I hate tales of terrors and I'm still horrified by monster movies like Nightmare on Elm Street, Sleep Away Camp, and Troll. But this story is more believable and whenever I'm running, I imagine rabid squirrels, bats, and rabbits attacking me from all angles. I know, if such an occasion was to occur, there'd be nothing I can do.

I woke up this morning imagining packs of raccoons were waiting for me under my bed and even as I walked down my steps on this Halloween morning I envisioned a posse of eye-bandits waiting by my Raisin Bran and coffee pot.

The story above (click it - I encourage you to click it) is 13-minutes of pure, humorous terror. I think what amazes me about the tale is that I can imagine it happening every time I leave my house for a stroll or jog.

Happy Halloween, Everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment