Friday, October 9, 2015

I Know It's Fall Because the Mucinex Monsters Have Returned To My Chest From Allergy Drip. Wee Hoo.

We've entered the season where I feel I'm living Groundhog's Day. I can predict that as soon as I open my windows for fresh air (and great cool nights for sleeping), the leaf dust and post-summer, lawn-mowing shenanigans enter my house, into my nostrils, and upon my sinuses. I get clumped up.

It starts with a sneeze. Then it moves to a clogged nose, and it finally filters itself over a period of days into my chest. I've nursed it over the last week because my schedule has been tight, but last night I decided to give in. I have Thera-Flu PM, cough medicine and ginger ale (with whiskey). I know how to find those monsters without paying a Mucinex price (although I usually give in and buy that, too, to help me cough out everything that Autumn stores inside my chest).

The good news is that once I kick it out of my system, I can move on to enjoy the pre-hibernal months and I get my brain back. A clogged nostril passage means headaches and a frozen brain, too.

I'm spending Friday lying still and writing. I don't want to move too much until I remove Chewbacca from my chest. I am thankful it waited until last night to get really bad.

I'm sure if I look at my blogs over the last eight years, I'd see a similar entry as this. As the groundhog exits its hibernation each spring, so enters my allergies every fall. I am thankful, though, because all of this pales to the breathing life of the Ohio Valley in Kentucky. That was always, ALWAYS, torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment