Saturday, October 3, 2015

It's Crunch Time Again: Winds, Rain, Temperatures, Ugh! I Went Indoors Earlier Than I Expected

After a day of rain and waiting for even the slightest break, I gave up. I have not been to the gym since the Henry the Hernia incident, but I have, upon recovery, returned to the pavement of Stratford and have, routinely, been in a 3 to 6 mile daily routine. It was warm (an outdoor tanning booth) and I couldn't bring myself indoors.

This changed yesterday. It is ridiculously cold, so I renewed the membership, and did a 5K on a treadmill and went to the weights. In some ways, I'm more fit when it is the nasty season - I run AND workout. I have to admit, it felt great to warm up at Crunch, although my broken pinky (declared healed) is still not bending. The workout wasn't that great. I have to give it time (and care).

And I went to Vietnam Palace to warm my stomach with Vietnamese spice. The place was packed and Tunga didn't get out until 6, trained in at 7. I picked him up in Bridgeport and when we got to the restaurant, it was awful trying to get our food. As a result, I ate on his schedule...at 9 p.m.! Still, I have to admit it was worth the patience because the food was exceptional as always.

Yesterday's weather, though. Yuck. Now I'm sneezing and coughing. I even turned the heat on to kill the chill in the air.

Of course, President Obama's appointment of John King to the Department of Education had me feeling very cold about a lot of things. I'm hoping now that the American people will warm my soul by revolting against this horrible decision. Only time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment