Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Warning! Humorous Cuss Words In This Post, But Brilliant Explanation of Juno The Blizzard, 2015

I'm writing this post the night before the actual blizzard hits. I'm curled on the couch under a blanket after the University let everyone go at 2 p.m., the gym closed at 4 p.m., I contacted all my graduate students about cancelled evening classes, and I cooked a kielbasa, hot sausage, pepper, tomato and Indian spice medley. I then settled down to watch Syracuse basketball and began to listen to the howling winds.

Meanwhile, Chitunga studied upstairs, sending me texts that read, "Can you keep it quiet down there? I am trying to study."

I tend to scream at the television, especially when Syracuse is in a rhythm and actually playing like a NCAA tournament team (we'll see if it lasts during the second half).

It looks like NYC has downplayed their predictions to 12 inches, but we're still in the pink with 12-24 inches. At 8 p.m., no snow is falling, but it is eerily quiet on the streets. The normal hum of traffic died before 5 p.m. as everyone seemed to heed the warnings and call it an early day.

Personally, I am thinking this is smart, as it keeps the roads clear for what is inevitably to come. So much is cancelled, including many of our MLK celebrations planned for this week - a bummer, indeed. They will be rescheduled, I am sure.

And when I awake, I imagine I will spend much of the morning cleaning the driveway and pushing the bulk where it will fit.

Deep down inside, I hope it is what they predicted. There needs to be a reason why all the bread loaves at Stop-n-Shop disappeared in the anarchy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment