Monday, January 26, 2015

And As I Pulled My Hair Out, I Also Pulled Out This Little Guy To Laugh With Me. Dossier Time. Ugh.

Over the weekend, I faced the inevitable. That is, on February 1st my dossier is once again due to the Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions. In order to organize my portfolio, it has been my custom to lock myself in my office - well, the entire first floor of Canisius Hall - to sort, label, file, and make sense of all the work that was accomplished since the last February rendition.

From the time I left home on Sunday morning and reached the office, a snow possibility turned into a blizzard watch. By the time I left the office at 4, it was a warning and the Mayor of NYC was doing a speech about the epic amount of snow that might arrive.

Before I packed up to leave, however, I realized I left one of my piles in the hallway. Funny, last year when my materials were returned to me, I placed them under the laughing dog my nephews bought me for Christmas in 2013. I decided it was a good time to drop the little guy to the floor so he could laugh with me.

I teach tonight and tomorrow night and the emails are already coming in wondering whether or not classes will be held. It's always up to the University, of course. In the meantime, I'm sort of laughing at the event and the snowplowing ahead. My driveway is a mountain from hell and it is walled on both sides so there's not much room to throw the bulk of white stuff. My goal was to be 'outta here' before another storm came, but The Great Whatever is buttering its celestial popcorn so the entertainment can continue from above.

There's nothing funny about a severe storm, but there's much to celebrate with Nordic perseverance. So, here's to the next couple of days. Monday...as always, I welcome you to kick of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment