Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Not That Urination Is Meant To Be A Sign From The Great Whatever, But Sometimes I Really Wonder.

Bryan - oh no! To pee or not to pee- that is the question- Now you see-There is always a line ahead of me.  
Yesterday, my older sister was going through her drawer at work and she found this poem - one written by my poetic inspiration, Grannie Annie. I don't remember these lines, but Cynde has been using it from time to time in her job of testing bus drivers for drugs and alcohol. I guess she pulls it out to read when someone is having difficulty.

She sent it to me in a text yesterday and I had to laugh. That was Grannie Annie, always composing verse from whatever she was witnessing around her. I imagine I had to use the loo and someone was already in her single bathroom and I was growing antsy. Always quick to script a poem about everything, I suppose she penned these words.

Fast forward. Yesterday I looked at a spectacular piece of property that was everything I wanted and then some. The trouble? Well, it only had one bathroom and I'm not ready to move to a world of the single toilet again. It's too much. That, and it is on the second floor which makes my first floor habits a little tricky.

Then Cynde noted that this little poem may be a sign from the Great Whatever that Grandma is thinking about me and my housing situation. The real estate agent discussed with me the ways to add a first-floor bathroom inexpensively and how it will help the value of the home that is truly a great price for Connecticut.

So, I'm cracking up on a Wednesday morning before I head off for a day of teaching 5th graders (my favorite grade) and working with K-8 teaches on teaching informative/explanatory writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment