Thursday, January 1, 2015

And So I'm Ready for 2015 and This Year I Hope To Laugh A Little More At the Universe. I'm Cracking Up.

Yes.

This is the 8th consecutive Crandall blog and I can faithfully say that I have blogged daily for the last 2,920 days. I'm looking forward to continuing this tradition in 2015, but hopefully with a lighter step in my thinking. My goal? To find a way to see the humor in things that I've begun to ignore the last few years (as an academic, bleh!). I always said that many of us are whimsical learners and in 2015 it is my goal to pay attention to the ways laughter helps us to be learners and survivors.

On December 31st, I like to be alone and introspective. On January 1st, I like to begin wrapping my brain around new goals and areas to target. Laughing at myself more is one of the areas I feel needs work. I used to be good at it, but the intensity of career life the last seven years has kept me from cracking myself up as much as I want to.

Given the anti-public school nation of 2014, those of us in education deserve a few laughs. It has been a year where teachers, students, and even parents have faced abuse by government policies and corporate takeovers. The jokes on them, though; kids don't go through school like Charlie Chaplin and the industrial cogs of Modern Times. 

Humor is a social commentary that is always needed.

And so, this is my welcoming, day one post, where I feature the montage of 2014 and look ahead to the writing still to come. Not humorous, I know. But we'll get there.

At times I will be serious, but even then there will be humor. For those who know me best, they will have stories of times where I've had the giggles at inappropriate times and places.

So, as Fozzy Bear would say, "Yucca Yucca Yucca." Here's to all of us and the smiles that will be had through our struggles, friendship, celebrations and joys.

I will miss you, 2014. But I am definitely ready for a new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment