Sunday, July 26, 2015

Whoops! I Actually Just Rolled With A Saturday and Let Whatever Was to Be To Simply Be. Ahhhh

The morning began with a laptop and my bed, but it soon moved to a cleaning frenzy and the arrival of Emily (from Kentucky) who was coming back from Pilobolus. The weather was too gorgeous, however, so when Pam suggested we should walk on Sea Side Park, I couldn't resist - actually, we couldn't resist.

Although we had plenty of other things we probably should have been doing, it was too nice so we decided to rejoin at Short Beach for the Blue Festival, some sand, and the chaos of a large crowd. It was worth every second.

At 8, however, Chitunga texted and wondered what was for dinner, so we headed home, grilled a streak and shrimp, made the Crandall Beans and Rice special, and actually ate outside mosquito free.

The entire day made it seem like I actually was experiencing a summer and that the dog days were made for me, too (although I am thinking new thoughts about grocery shopping, feeding a posse, and what it costs for the simplest of items - ticket prices that I'm not used to investing in. Holy receipts Batman, each and every day).

Ah, but it is worth it. It's been nonstop laughter, smiles, good food, good company and bonding. That's what it is all about.
Today, Tunga works, the twins head to Yankee Stadium for a soccer match (thanks Donna), Emily works on her neuroscience projects from Berea, and I sit down to write (and plan for the week). Monday begins the craziness of a beautiful week.

And look mom - that's your tablecloth that you gave me and said you never use. It looks good with the dish ware you got me for Christmas and all the dishes we cooked on the stove and grill.

If every day could be this beautiful...

Well, I'd get nothing done.


No comments:

Post a Comment