Monday, July 6, 2015

It's the Little Things In Life That Make Me Feel the Most Accomplished, Especially During Summer

The other day, Chitunga texted to say he blew out the bike tire. He's been riding my mountain bike to and from the train station to save on parking stress, I-95 stress, and gas stress. Luckily, the rim didn't bend when the back tire blew.

It's a rough week for Mt. Pleasant, and all of us are working many hours. I knew that I wouldn't be available to drop Chitunga off at the train station, so getting the tire fixed was a top priority. We hit up Walmart when the twins woke up, and I spent the afternoon taking apart the bike, finding the place of the infraction, and then making the adjustments so it is in working condition again.

A little oily and a lot dirty, I was able to repair the broken parts (including the popped tire) in about an hour. I also wen for a ride around the block...my first road trip this summer.

Of course, it was a gorgeous day, too, so we headed to the beach to get some sand time with the volleyball. Sadly, no one wanted to play us and we only could bump around by ourselves while intermediately throwing a football.

I am thankful to have distractions in my household and the encouragement to play more (otherwise I would spend all my time needing out in books and behind the laptop and stressed about all the work about to take place at CWP-Fairfield).

Instead, I'm feeling somewhat accomplished for a Monday morning, knowing that the rampant, frantic, non-stop commotion of the next five weeks is about to begin. Around the corner, everything is awaiting to point.

And with that, I'm taking a breath and ready to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment