Sunday, July 12, 2015

Perhaps We Have a Work Week So We Have Some Time To Catch Up On Our Lives Where We Can Rest

I knew it was going to be a looooong day when I awoke and there was no coffee made. I had to walk to Dunkin Donuts (the one vice I've given myself through this 30-day Ramadan thing...twin approved). I also went for an a.m. run, so the rest of the day was my quest to break fast at 8:47 and have a glass of water. Until then, however, there was the Bridgeport Art Festival to attend with Pam and Katelyn, Kathy (Yellow's) 50th birthday party, and another rendition of Society FUct performed by Attallah and Tenisi, as inspired by Gordon Skinner. The evening ended, of course, with Chinese food, but at that point I was ready to go to bed.

The highlight of the day, though, was when Kathy helped Abu pick a boquet of flowers to bring Attallah for her performance (making it the second time he's surprised her with flowers). Not bad for a prince in search of a Queen.

They rocked the show, and the talent is simply amazing.

In the meantime, I need today to write, to clean, to get ahead for the week and, if possible, to rest. It's supposed to be 88 degrees and sunny, so I'm not sure how long we'll be able to stay inside. I'll give it a shot though as it is supposed to be a day of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment